The personal information we collect
We collect information that you give us, including:
- email address;
- date of birth;
- device’s IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity);
- device’s IMSI (International Mobile Subscriber Identification Number);
- device’s IP address;
- device identification number;
- applications’ identification number.
We receive and store safely any information when you create an account ID, purchase our products or services, download a software update, contact us or participate in an online survey, browsed our websites, visited our social media pages.
We collect automatic information. We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us.
We collect information used in your e-mail communications with KAI. To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from our e-shopping website if your device supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
We collect information from other sources. We might receive information about you from other sources, which are duly authorized by yourself to transfer such information to third parties and add it to our account information.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on our latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use your personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising to improve your user experience continually.
- We may use your personal information to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of user account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with us, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We may also collect information which does not, on its own, allow direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. Here are some examples of non-personal data that we may collect:
- Non- personal data such as language, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where one of our products is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- Details of how you use our services, including search queries, which may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help application developers to improve their applications.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Do We Share the Information?
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Kai unless one of the following circumstances applies. Kai may share personal information with your consent.
We may disclose personal information to our affiliates when necessary to perform services on our or on your behalf.
We cooperate with companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
We will share personal information with organizations or individuals outside our organization if we believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
Security and Transparency
We will endeavor to take all reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures and procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information we collect through our products, services and our website.
We work hard to protect our company reputation and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information that we hold. In particular:
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems;
- We use encryption where appropriate;
- We use password protection where appropriate;
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract may be terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
However, these measures do not release you from taking appropriate steps to keep your personal information safe and secure, in particular by avoiding obvious user ID’s or passwords, by ensuring that you do not disclose your password(s) or grant any other person access to your user account and your personal information, and any other protective measures applicable.
Regarding transparency, our goal is to be clear what information we collect, so that you can make choices about how it is used.
If you share your personal information through one of our websites, services or products with a third party account, such as Facebook, Google + or Twitter, please note that the privacy of your personal information will be managed respectively by one of those third parties. We are not responsible for any damages due to any data loss, damage or misappropriation that may occur on your third party profiles over which we have no control.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose while using our website, services or products and which can be viewed by members of third party applications or sites (such as chat areas, in messages), becomes publicly viewable and can be collected, viewed and used by others. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using our products and services. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 16, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 16, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
The current version is dated July 20, 2018.
Retention of Personal Information
To provide location-based services on our or our partner’s products, Kai and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Kai and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Third Party Sites and Services
Kai’s websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Kai’s products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Your rights: Access, Edit, Block
You can access, review and edit your personal information at any time by logging into your user account, visiting your user profile or by contacting us directly. You can also ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances. Should you require us to edit, restrict or delete your personal information, we may ask you to provide us with evidence of your identity before we can act on your request.
You can also have your data deleted or blocked, as appropriate, should you believe that your data is inaccurate
For any requests as defined above, you may send your request to the following email address: email@example.com
Under certain jurisdictions and data protection laws, you may have the right to request details of your personal information which we hold about you or to request the correction or deletion of your personal information.
Please help us to ensure that the personal information that we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If you think that any personal information we have stored about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The legal basis we rely on to process your personal data is in the European Union is the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or via our postal address. Please mark the envelope “Data Protection Officer”.
kai commitment to your privacy
In order to ensure that your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Kai employees and we strictly enforce safeguards within the Company.
Our postal address:
Kai OS Technologies (Hong Kong) Limited
12/F, 133 Wai Yip Street,
Kwun Tong, Kowloon,
For general contact please use this page of our website www.kaiostech.com.
All communications are examined and replies are issued where appropriate as soon as possible. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.